Personal injury specialist Slater and Gordon has been engaged by one of three women allegedly hired as adult entertainers to party with five Swans players at the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne on Monday morning.
The firm has been asked to determine whether the woman "involved in the alleged sexual assaults" has grounds to file a civil claim, says senior lawyer Jackson Pannam.
''Everyone deserves to be safe going about their life, at home, at work and in public spaces without risk of being assaulted or harmed,'' he said in a statement on Saturday.
Sydney has banned Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Nick Blakey, Riley Bice and James Jordon for the rest of the AFL season after saying the players breached club standards at the hotel.
Sex Crimes Squad detectives were investigating "a report of a sexual assault" in the hotel room, Victoria Police said in an updated statement on Saturday.
While no charges have been laid, the investigation "remains active and ongoing".
According to Mr Pannam, the woman, who contacted police immediately after the alleged assault, has had her world turned upside down and is navigating an "incredibly traumatic experience".
''We will be putting all of the relevant parties on notice in due course,'' he earlier told reporters.
''We're standing with our client to give her support at this difficult time and to help her get the justice she deserves.''
A potential civil claim would be separate to any criminal proceedings.
None of the banned players had been interviewed by police as of Saturday morning, the Sydney Swans said in a statement.
However, a "number of people have been spoken to" in relation to the alleged assault, according to Victoria Police.
On Friday, a separate firm signalled it was helping two of the women prepare to launch action in the Victorian Supreme Court against the five players and the club, according to a newspaper report.
''We are currently investigating the circumstances and preparing to commence legal proceedings against the club and potentially the individuals involved,'' Manny Carbone, a partner at Carbone Lawyers, told The Age.
Carbone Lawyers partner John Karantzis said the two women he represented were suffering severe stress and anxiety and feared for their lives after being subjected to "abhorrent actions".
"There's a lot of interest in this case and they are literally in hiding and they are suffering," he told Melbourne radio station 3AW on Friday.
Mr Karantzis couldn't detail specifics but claimed the women had been subjected to "the most disgusting actions and behaviour I have ever heard about in my 28 years as a lawyer".
"And what they were subjected to, it is alleged, was demeaning, abhorrent and simply not moral or acceptable ... they do want justice. They want their voice to be heard," Mr Karantzis said.
He said the club hadn't been fully transparent as to who was involved and what occurred.
He claimed more than five men were in the room but refused to comment when asked if coaches were present.
"More than five men and it's alleged there were even a few leaders in that room," he said.
The Swans have "categorically" stated none of their staff were in the hotel room and are not involved in the investigation.
The AFL's integrity unit is also investigating.
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028